Today we had some special visitors. Two firefighters came to tell us about fire safety and reminded us to check our smoke alarms at home! They told us the importance of having a Fire Plan in case there is a fire at home so everyone knows what to do.
– Check all door handles before you open the door. If it is hot, do not open it as the fire could be at the other side. If it is cool, it is safe to open.
– Crawl along the floor. Smoke rises so the ground is the safest place to be.
– Shout for the adults in the house to wake them up.
– Get out of the house as quickly and safely as possible.
– Phone the fire brigade after you have left the house.
– Don’t go back in for pets or belongings.